Friday 9 November 2012

Booze, NaNoWriMo, and why I shouldn't be used as a role model

Well, I got my English essay in, an impressive one minute before the final deadline. I had to pull an all-nighter to do so, mind, and it's probably shit. I did the exact same thing with my psychology essay, too, only it was in a half hour or so before the deadline, I didn't have to run to get there, and I had time to get dressed before I left my dorm.
Please note, having to half-jog-half-limp on an injured leg wearing flip-flops and still wearing my pajama top was not a pleasant experience, and I sincerely hope that I will learn from that in the future and not leave these things until the last minute.
On the bright side, my leg is started to get better on its own, and I managed to last an entire fencing session without wussing out and limping home. Which is, of course, a good thing.
My fencing is still shit mind, but that's not a huge shock. My archery is pretty shit, too, as is my quidditch. My netball's shit, but that's been shit for many years now, so that's not really a shock. Honestly, it's not like I've ever 'not enjoyed' sports, because I've always liked playing, but I'm not very good at them, and being the short fat kid I never got many chances to improve, either.

I've been so busy with essays this month that I've literally nothing done on my NaNoWriMo project, either. So I've been out and stocked up on junk food and alcohol, and will likely be up for most of the night. I might skip the story I had planned (it was only really a vague outline held together by a few key scenes, anyway) and just make some shit up. I mean, I'm going to be drinking myself stupid and beating my head off a keyboard anyway, since that's actually how I write, so I may as well just wing it and see what happens. Honestly, I'm not expecting it to go well, but failure is something that I've gotten pretty used to so I'm just going to have fun with this one and see how much my drunken mind traumatises my not-so-drunken-but-still-pretty-incoherent mind in the morning.
And that, for me, is what writing is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment