Friday 16 November 2012

Suicide by Wrapping paper (aka I hate Christmas)

So, I've officially started the Christmas shopping some weeks ago, and now have started the wrapping, too. While I seem to get better at the whole wrapping thing with each year that goes by, I still seem to end up in a tangle more often than I would like. At least I haven't accidentally sellotaped myself to the floor yet, which is always a pretty good thing. And the presents so far don't look too much like they were wrapped by a hamster, which is a definite improvement on last year.
And of course I have to go with the customary "Why does it cost so damn much?" rant. I'm not even halfway through and you wouldn't believe what it's cost me. Needless to say, Christmas is not my favourite holiday. I like Halloween, since I get to dress up and it doesn't cost me any more than I'm willing to pay. Or Easter, as an excuse to eat lots of chocolate and, again, it doesn't cost me any more than I'm willing to spend. Christmas is too expensive a holiday, and as much as I should pretend I love my family, I am pretty much flat broke right now, which is why I hardly ever go out. As with every November/December, I'm spending more money on other people than I am on myself. That wouldn't bother me at all had I money to spend, but, once again, broke.
So, as with every year, people had better like their presents, because right now my bank account hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment