Saturday 10 November 2012

For want of a bottle opener

I knew there was something I forgot to bring to uni. I didn't bring a bottle opener. In all fairness, I'm not a heavy drinker, and when I do drink it's mostly spirits (gin, vodka, etc.) for which a bottle opener is not a necessity. It's a little past five, I've an unopened bottle of cider on my side and it's all but begging me to drink it.
I'm pretty sure they sell bottle openers in the campus store, but that would require getting dressed. Mind, I would be able to buy more alcohol, which is always a bonus.
I've got fuck all done for NaNoWriMo so far, which is no big surprise. Writer's block is a bitch, and she and I are rather well acquainted. Think I'll try getting some short stories done after I finally get some alcohol in me, and see about sending out some submissions.
And yes, I know that wanting alcohol at five pm makes me sound like an alcoholic. And, frankly, I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment