Sunday 28 October 2012

WKD, Busted and the Nostalgia filter

I am procrastinating.

I have an English essay due in Tuesday, a Psychology essay due in some time next week, and I am sitting here blogging. This cannot be good.
Luckily, next week is reading week for psychology, so I only have English and Dinosaur class. That gives me plenty of time to work. Now the question is, will I actually do it?

Right now I'm drinking WKD (the drink of underage kids who can get served but haven't the balls to drink real alcohol and/or lightweights)  eating Doritos with salsa, listening to Busted and trying to resist the urge to play with the mini-babybel wax. I never thought I would miss high school, and let me tell you... I was right. If people had known I was a fan of Busted I might actually have had more shit to deal with than I already did.
However, it does have quite a nostalgic feel to it, and I have to say, with the number of nights I was up late finishing off coursework in just this situation (though with an adored but now sadly departed CD player instead of a laptop and youtube) you might think it'd get me in the mood.
You'd be wrong. Even then I was a dreadful procrastinator and struggled to meet deadlines. I've actually gotten significantly better about it, which really says a lot about how bad I used to be.

Well, I do actually need to get this essay in if I want to pass my course, so I need to go. Which basically means I'll be heading back to the year 3000 and trying to imagine what it would look like if Matt Willis and James Bourne had a son (sorry Charlie, nothing personal, honest :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment