Wednesday 27 March 2013

Off To The Ball

I attended the AU summer ball a few days ago. Now, the first thing that needs to be said here is that it was snowing... snowing... at the SUMMER ball...
What the fuck England?
Seriously, I don't know what goes on with our weather.

Anyhow, my attendance at the ball... It's called a ball, but just to get this cleared up it's basically like a school prom crossed with an awards ceremony and you get to drink... you REALLY get to drink.
Now, I made the mistake of deciding that I'd do a week of non-drinking that week and forgot that it was the ball... needless to say my declaration of non-drinking didn't last very long. I got through an entire pitcher of some fruity cocktail before they'd even served the starter... and another by the time I'd finished pudding... I was pretty far gone by that point, mind, and I'd not even done pre-drinks, so I stuck to WKD for the rest of the night. I still managed to be one of the most sober people there.

So, truth be told there weren't many zany antics. Okay, I was with archery and we were sat right next to men's rugby, and damn you could tell they were wasted. I think most of them probably left fairly early, mind, but you could hear them all of the way through the meal.
The archery folks didn't drink too much, but there were a couple the looked like they were about to fall over...
And one of my blockmates was so drunk she fell asleep at the table fairly late into the night... I drew on her face with eyeliner... and took a photo, which will be going up on facebook when I get around to it...
We somehow ended up playing pass-the-pirate-hat, which really seems to happen just about any time I where a hat anywhere... My outfit, despite being one of the least formal that could be let in (I was wearing a pirate hat, for Pete's sake) actually went down pretty well. So that was nice. I'm generally not bothered with clothes and things, but I have my moments of dandyism and as a self-proclaimed prince-charming-in-training it's of the utmost importance that I look spiffing at the ball... and I did not seriously just say that. Dear lord, should I ever graduate from this fairytale prince academy I seem to have enlisted myself in I shall shake in fear of whatever shall become of the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment